Saturday 15 June 2013

Not every smile is hiding some tears...

Not every tear is borne out of pain...

Laughter, in itself, hurts a lot.

It takes a lot to laugh in spite of the pain.

My smile isn’t a cover up... of things I want to forget... of words I don’t want to say …. Of the past, I die inside, when I imagine.

I’m not trying to escape any of it. It’s a reminder to myself… that I lived through the past, and almost survived. That I found the courage within myself to forgive some... that I’m still seeking to heal myself.

I’m as scared as you are... but willing to be brave. Brave enough to love... brave enough to smile.

Care enough to look beneath? Walk with me a while?

My smile isn’t a façade. It is not to make you believe something. It’s a gift to myself… So I go on believing. ..

This article written by Divya Baveja working  as practicing psychologist at The Counselling Institute. More on their website: http://www.thecounsellinginstitute.in

0 comments: